Xbox One: Battlefield 4

Any topic, Any time...

Xbox One: Battlefield 4

Postby Scarface Turner » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:57 am

Must resist!
Scarface has started unloading the QBS-09 shotgun into unsuspecting enemies :)
Having not really played any multiplayer gaming for six or seven years it's amazing how far gaming has progressed.
Little better than a road kill, dismount and emptying the "Q" into a bunch of enemy soldiers :w00t:
“Tüm kurtlar Kaplandan korkar”
http://shanehugh.wordpress.com/
Scarface Turner
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Xbox One: Battlefield 4

Postby Cailus » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:27 pm

Shotguns = heresy :P

I've played BF4 online on the PS3 (and single player on PS4 - have yet to go online using the PS4).

I played BF3 for quite a while and going to BF4 was a challenge - something inherently has changed but I can't put my finger on it.
My KDR dropped massively going to the new game. Previously I was happy with 2-3 Kills to 1 Death.
With BF4 I'm struggling parity!

I also find the BF3 maps better overall. Metro kicks ass over the new Operation Locker.

Mind you, I love all the different vehicle upgrades for BF4.
+Rogue Trader Campaign Updates+
Cailus
Forum Champ.
Forum Champ.

Postby Scarface Turner » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:40 pm

I have a few likes and dislikes with the BF4 maps. Operation Locker is good although often boils down to a stalemate at the bottleneck.
China Rising maps are great on the whole. Love the look and feel of Gulin Peaks, base jumping and cave diving what's not to like!
Dragons Pass is neat but the desert map (Silk Road) is probably the weakest graphically.
Scarface Turner
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Cailus » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:39 pm

Since my last post, I've gone to BF4 on PS4. Last night I had my first foray into Conquest Large, with up to 32 people per side (compared to 12 per side on the previous generation consoles).

Loved it, expect when you start shooting someone first but they kill you still.. and you see that they were on "0" health. Oh, and potholes. How many times does a IFV or Tank get bogged on a road which has a few craters?!!

Have yet to go on the China Rising levels. Heard that they don't have any Evolution though?
Cailus
Forum Champ.
Forum Champ.

Postby Dead1 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:10 pm

Seems like a Flames of War or 40K designer's been involved in those pothole designs.

Go stupid or go home. :lol:
"It will be so loud that if we move in next door to you, your lawn will die".
Lemmy on Motorhead
Dead1
Legend
Legend

Postby Scarface Turner » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:31 pm

Had the 0 health happen a few times before.
Pot holes I can't recall off the top of my head but bomb craters on roads definitely slow you down and make for rough going...from memory missile strikes make nasty holes but are not that common as opposed to the holes from mined roads.
Don't ever recall getting stuck in one.
What map were you playing?

At a guess Rogue Transmission or Golmud Railway?

Haven't seen any Levolution effects in China Rising but the maps are great.
Scarface Turner
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Cailus » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:42 pm

Vehicle driving on PS3 is a bit buggy (like tank stutters on Rogue Transmission), PS4 handles it better.
Actually on the Dam level got bogged in my IFV on a bombed out road. Kind of sucks but in a way it is kind of cool as it could happen in real life.

Had a funny experience playing death match recently. I usually swap classes every so often, using different tactics depending on class and weapons (generally assault or engineer). The other day decided to play as Support with a M249 on the jail map.
Went outside and covered my buddies from being flanked (who were fighting inside) by creating a field of fire - going prone and knocking any enemies that came in front. Got a measly 7 kills in the whole game.
At the end of a match got a private message saying "Fag camper". I replied something to the effect of "Thanks! By the way have you ever read any real life tactics?"
Next game (Dawn Breaker?) I was playing as Recon with a DMR. The same guy clocked me a few times and did the obligatory tea bag manoeuvre. I returned the favour by sneaking behind him and slicing the old throat, and returned the tea bag.
I didn't see his name at the end of the game, haha.
Cailus
Forum Champ.
Forum Champ.

Postby Scarface Turner » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:09 am

Looks like DICE have recognised the outstanding bug issues like 0 Health alongside a few others and are currently working on rolling out fixes in the March patch update which is good.

Had a good look at all the maps on offer now with both the initial BF4 release maps plus the two expansions China Rising and Second Assault.
Played them a fair bit lately actually.

The Second Assault maps are great with Caspian Border, Operation Firestorm and Gulf of Oman probably our most played now. Operation Metro suffers a bit like Operation Locker in larger Conquest games (by far our most preferred game style) in that it often just bogs down at the choke points.

China Rising is also great and to be honest the absence of Levolution effects in the two expansions to date really don't diminish gameplay at all.

Next expansion out end of this month with a few new vehicles (hovercrafts!) which shall be interesting.
Scarface Turner
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Cailus » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:18 pm

Metro 2014 with 64 players sucks big time. It was intense enough on the old gen consoles with 12 a side.
All it becomes is a noob tube fest.

Caspian Border 14 (border walls are wicked) and Gulf of Oman 14(with the sandstorm rolling in) are excellent!

Had a funny moment in a tank on Caspian Border. The massive tower/pipe thingy got blown up and fell on my tank, destroying the tank and me in the process. Totally unexpected and hilarious - I would hope that the person who destroyed the structure got a kill for that one, well deserved!)
Cailus
Forum Champ.
Forum Champ.

Postby Clint Bissette » Thu May 04, 2017 12:34 am

I liked the completely destructible world. It is possible to destroy a village completely with one tank and a whole house from a helicopter! The company looks boring after the multiplayer though.
Clint Bissette

Postby peter007 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:55 am

Clint Bissette wrote:I liked the completely destructible world. It is possible to destroy a village completely with one tank and a whole house from a helicopter! The company looks boring after the multiplayer though.Health careDosage

You are right but it is not common that everybody has same choice/opinion!
peter007

Return to General Discussion