BloodBowl Grasshuggers Cup 2016

Board games, card games, you name it, you'll find it here...

BloodBowl Grasshuggers Cup 2016

Postby ImperialGriffin » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:51 pm

So to get the ball rolling flood bowl for the Bloodbowl league

Players

Ian Norse
Dave lizards
Daniel
Nick
Rob Dwarves
Malcolm Skaven/Orcs
Terry Orcs
Russ
Jeff
Jon?
stephen hayes?

who Have I missed?

Here is a link to most current rulebook http://www.bloodbowlgamers.com/downloads/LRB6.pdf

for the first week we will just pair off people who have played vs people who have not, then ill draw up a round robin roster.
ImperialGriffin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: BloodBowl Grasshuggers Cup 2016

Postby thunderking » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:37 pm

Sweet :) Haven't worked out what to play yet.
thunderking
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ImperialGriffin » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:12 pm

so a busy first week with 5 games played and a good introduction to our new players who all put up a good fight especially Malcolms Skaven who Ran all over s Nicks Elves in the biggest win of the week 3-1.

Winners

Malcolm Skaven 2-2 vs Nicks Dark Elves
Daniels Dark elves 2-1 win over Terrys Orcs
Russ Tomb kings 1- 0win over Jon's Humans
Bruceys Lizards 2-1 win over Jeffs Chaos Dwarves
Ians Norse 2-1 win over Robs Dwarves

Next weeks draw will be winners vs winners Random Draw and losers vs losers where possible

Daniel Vs Chris because we know how much you like skaven
Russ Vs Brucey/Nick
Rob Vs Jeff
Jon Vs Terry
Malcolm Vs Ric
Ian vs Jared

we might have Chris Hennessy Join in aswell.
Last edited by ImperialGriffin on Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImperialGriffin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby thunderking » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:07 pm

Double check that one - pretty sure my game was a draw?

Also, the Naggaroth Numpties have had an anonymous donation and may be appearing in brand new uniforms for their next game...or maybe the one after...
thunderking
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Millions » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:12 pm

It was a perfect defence on the opening day of the season for the Llamas head coach High Priest Russtafa with a shutout against Jon the rookie human coach who was overseeing his first game at the elite Grasshugger Cup level.

In a game riddled with handling errors the standout performer was the human thrower who excelled with three completions and must surely be top of the Naggaroth Numpties ‘players to brutally maim” list in the next game.

A complaint has been lodged at the highest levels after the GC official scorers appear to have overstated The Lybaras City Llamas attacking prowess, neutral parties at the game were adamant that they had only manage to shamble into the endzone for a single touchdown

(i.e. i beat Jon 1-0)
Millions

Postby ImperialGriffin » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:48 pm

Ok so I got some results wrong I will be better prepared this week, we have 3 new players joining the league this week Jared (elves) , Ric (Orcs) and Chris (taking Malcolms skaven).

with new additions I have changed the match ups with the losers still playing losers but most of the winners or players who got a draw will be playing new players and Brucey/Nick been the bye buster duo this week. (13 players)

And Daniel Just because you love skaven So much you can teach Chris :) (sorry Buddy)

If you are concerned I did get Colleen help me do the Random Draw name out of a hat. :D
ImperialGriffin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby thunderking » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:14 am

Distracted by their new uniforms the Numpties promptly forgot how to play the game and lost 0-1 to the Llamas.

Turning from textiles to pharmaceuticals might go better, let's see what a blitzer with ST4 can do...

One thing I picked up is that some folks were doing injury rolls for casualties at the end of the match, this should be done at the time of injury.
thunderking
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby thunderking » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:19 pm

Also looks like apothecaries are different to last time I played too - gone is the 'heals anything on a 2+' to 'reroll on the injury table and choose the best'... :/
thunderking
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jthurston » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:58 pm

My chaos dwarfs now have an arch enemy now.

It's someone who after their game came and watched ours

And up until the incident Rob had failed to penetrate my armour while I had sent three of his dwarfs to the dead/injury bench it looked for all money I would have this game in the bag

Untill this person shouted F#%K HIM UP as rob was about to roll for armour pen & from that point on rob didn't stop rolling 10+ to penetrate armour which ended up costing us Chaos Dwarfs the game.

So to you who cost us this game

WE ARE COMING FOR YOU AND YOUR TEAM

You know who you are :twisted:

Seriously it was a good game so thanks Rob for the game
jthurston
Good Bloke
Good Bloke

Postby thunderking » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:20 pm

Hahaha I wonder who that was... :p

Had a touch of that myself, the Ball Lickers managed to hire Fungus the Loon and he put most of my guys in the knockout box...
thunderking
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby thunderking » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:30 am

Well it appears on the way to a fight, a game of BloodBowl *can* break out...

The Numpties lined up against Jon's 'oomies and rather than punching each other to custard we put on an elegant display of dodging and passing. Bleh. :lol:

The dice gods were generous to us both for the majority of the game, and both teams managed to pull off some really exciting plays. My AG4 players and Jon's skilled Throwers and Catchers meant the ball was in the air more than on the ground! He even intercepted a long bomb pass! Sadly for Jon a couple of missed catches gave me the opening to shift the ball upfield and set up for a score, which saw me win 2-0.

Was a really fun game, thanks Jon :D

If only I remembered by Blitzer had ST4 in the first half of the game... :oops:
thunderking
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Board and Card Games