Pathfinder RPG

Whether it's Dark Heresy, or Dungeons and Dragons, come here for all your RPG needs...

Pathfinder RPG

Postby shanehugh » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:35 pm

Going to open this thread for discussion relating to the upcoming Pathfinder RPG group and the adventure path we will be starting. I will also put up an in character thread for all your in depth character backgrounds that you will no doubt be busily devising :)

The initial sessions will still likely be a little way off due to two reasons. One... the room downstairs is yet to be finished (carpeted and painted) and two...all my core books and minis wont arrive for 2 more weeks. At this stage I would be thinking that the start of August is going to be about the kick off but we can still sort through character creation, examine the campaign setting ect. in the meantime. With that said character classes and races are your standard lot...elves, dwarves ect. but humans get a bit of love in this setting having detailed race selections so they are worth looking into. The 6 new classes are imminent for release and the PDF advanced players guide is available for free download from Paizo (Pathfinder). Some interesting class options in there for sure. Summoner and Alchemist both caught my eye.

I have read the first adventure path module and all I can say is that whoever writes them does a fantastic job. I cant really remember a module/scenario in the past that has captured the feel of the different characters and adversaries as well as this even though it's a level 1 adventure.

I think I have messaged a few by PM but for those I didn't I am placing another order with Warstore for the Pathfinder Miniatures (the core books I ordered from Paizo directly). These are now sculpted by Reaper and are fantastic. If any of you would like a mini of your chosen class look through the Pathfinder mini's here http://paizo.com/pathfinder/pathfinderMiniatures or pick one out of the Reaper collection here http://www.thewarstore.com/darkheavenbymodelnumber.html and I can tack it onto my order freight free.

The adventure path modules will take multiple sittings to finish each one. With that in mind I will sort out points through the story where we can put a halt to proceedings that wont detract from the storyline at all. We are given a lot of leeway with how we approach the adventure so it shouldn't be difficult. I have ordered the players adventure guide for our first module which are a group of 5-6 handouts each player recieves with background details of the campaign setting and maps and info of the area where the adventure begin including a good city map. I will hand them out a few weeks before we meet for the first session.

More later.
shanehugh
Legend
Legend

Postby shanehugh » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:26 pm

Here is a link http://paizo.com/store/downloads/pathfi ... 48btpy8daf for the Advanced Players Guide PDF which is a free download just follow the instructions. It has all the new official class options that will be going to print.
shanehugh
Legend
Legend

Postby Darren » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:36 pm

Crikeys I want to do this,

I just hope that I can, :P with the days and timing that you end up choosing.
Oh why did I ever sell my Gollum
Darren
Forum Champ.
Forum Champ.

Postby shanehugh » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:38 pm

The timing for the sessions will be quite open to discussion. I am aware that we all have other commitments, both gaming and family/work related. My thoughts would be monthly sessions as to ensure continuity and that we don't forget plot lines ect. If it happens that shorter ie. 4-6 hour sessions suits everyone better then so be it. I will just need to dive straight in to the content and be fully prepared to maximise our available time. I am tempted to run a few short encounters one night before diving into the adventure path just to get everyone familiar with the system. This would enable us to troubleshoot any rules interpretations and basically make everyone a bit more informed about whats in store. Let me know what you think.
shanehugh
Legend
Legend

Postby Tezza » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:40 pm

I'm easy.
Carpet burn- is it worth it?
Tezza
Forum Champ.
Forum Champ.

Postby ClockworkLemon » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:54 pm

Mr T. Pot wrote:I'm easy.

Yes, we know, but what are your thoughts about Pathfinder?

:twisted:

I like the idea of monthly sessions, and I'm not too fussed about how long the sessions go.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin
ClockworkLemon
Legend
Legend

Postby Darren » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:24 pm

Yeah same as Mr Lemon, 8) on all points

Even about the point he made in regard to the TeaPot
Oh why did I ever sell my Gollum
Darren
Forum Champ.
Forum Champ.

Postby Tezza » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:02 pm

Very funny guys :)

After a bit of a read through some of the Pathfinder Classes and Races, I've definitely decided on the Halfling Rogue as a character.
Tezza
Forum Champ.
Forum Champ.

Postby ClockworkLemon » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:21 pm

Mr T. Pot wrote:...I've definitely decided on the Halfling Rogue as a character.

Well, if we're putting dibs on character types, I'm going with a Gnome Bard...
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin
ClockworkLemon
Legend
Legend

Postby shanehugh » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:37 pm

shanehugh
Legend
Legend

Postby Tezza » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:19 pm

Sweet looking model anyone ordering through these guys soon??
Tezza
Forum Champ.
Forum Champ.

Postby ClockworkLemon » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:45 pm

Mr T. Pot wrote:Sweet looking model anyone ordering through these guys soon??

I think Shane mentioned he might be ordering some stuff soon. I'll be wanting two or three models myself. I'm torn between the halfling and gnome bard models. I really like the halfling model, suitably converted to make it look more gnomish. Then again, that gnome bard would look awesome converted to be holding a sick electric guitar (a BC Rich Warbeast perhaps?)...
- Benjamin Franklin
ClockworkLemon
Legend
Legend

Postby shanehugh » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:49 pm

I am sending off an order in the next few days to Warstore so I will add it in if you want. I havn't looked for other halfling thief models but there is likely more. I had forgotten how well these guys do fantasy mini's tailored for D&D

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/D ... l/IG_347_1

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/D ... e_front_pe

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/D ... il/IG_38_1

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/D ... n_front_jb
shanehugh
Legend
Legend

Postby Azos » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:50 pm

ok just to be sure, yes i am going to be in it, but as to character i have no idea yet, kinda looked at the characters but need to sit and read it abit first since i only have the beta pdf of the rules.

but liking the idea behind the ranger and fighter and cleric so far just from skimming over how they work.

as for a days just let me know as atm any times since i am still just another unemployed bum.
Azos
Groupie
Groupie

Postby shanehugh » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:25 pm

Clerics and Paladins seem to have got a fair bit of love in the revision both getting an AoE heal/damage ability. I believe that in the Pathfinder Campaign Setting (Golarion) the cleric now has deity specific weapons. So if you worship Iomedae (The Inheritor) lawful good goddess of valour, rulership, justice and honour your deities favoured weapon is the longsword. Sarenrea (The Dawnflower) nuetral good goddess of fire, glory, good, healing and sun has a preferred weapon the scimitar and so on. Clerics can elect to be more melee focused taking on the role of a holy warrior in Golarion benefiting from a BAB equal to the clerics level and using a d10 for hit die.

The female iconic cleric looking a little arabian flavoured with the scimitar is a cleric of Sarenrae
shanehugh
Legend
Legend

Next

Return to RPGs