Warhammer Fantasy RPG

Whether it's Dark Heresy, or Dungeons and Dragons, come here for all your RPG needs...

Postby Salamandis » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:28 am

shanehugh wrote:iron_father, I will send off an order to Warstore in 2 weeks.

If your still keen to pick up the core box set I will grab one as well along with 2 or three other books and vaults that I want.

That should cover all the dice needs and basic action cards plus it will be handy to have a couple of spare rules copies for others to use.

Let me know if you want me to tack it onto my order. (listed at $69.95 as opposed to $120.00 here).

I will probably be grabbing some Flames of War gear as well so it will be a decent sized order.

Might pay to sit down one club night (or another night downstairs here) and run through the system with those interested in trying it before jumping into character creation.

That being because character choices and progression differ a fair bit from your standard RPG.

Hey there Shane, Can you please add a box set to the order for me. I can give you the money this Saturday.
Cheers James
Salamandis
Groupie
Groupie

Postby shanehugh » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:48 pm

Will add it to the order James
shanehugh
Legend
Legend

Postby Salamandis » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:36 pm

Cool banana's!! :)
Salamandis
Groupie
Groupie

Postby shanehugh » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:45 pm

Despite people recommending that you start out with the core box set first I still had to go the hard cover route :roll:

Now what am I doing....buying the core box :oops:
shanehugh
Legend
Legend

Postby Salamandis » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:01 pm

shanehugh wrote:Despite people recommending that you start out with the core box set first I still had to go the hard cover route :roll:

Now what am I doing....buying the core box :oops:

LOL, I hear ya, been there and done that ;)
Salamandis
Groupie
Groupie

Postby shanehugh » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:13 pm

Still the shiny hardcovers look good on the shelf :wink:

I have no complaints at all regarding the quality of the hardcovers and vaults (boxes of components & cards ect.), their excellent, but you end up a bit short on basic action cards and dice that way. You get 4 sets in the core box of each which is the main reason I'm getting it.

The system will definitely take some getting used to with the core mechanic for both GM and players.

Really does look like a winner though upon reading through the players guide.

Cant wait to take out a PC's eye with a severe critical wound and have him roll misfortune dice for picking his nose!
shanehugh
Legend
Legend

Postby Salamandis » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:34 am

shanehugh wrote:Still the shiny hardcovers look good on the shelf :wink:

I have no complaints at all regarding the quality of the hardcovers and vaults (boxes of components & cards ect.), their excellent, but you end up a bit short on basic action cards and dice that way. You get 4 sets in the core box of each which is the main reason I'm getting it.

The system will definitely take some getting used to with the core mechanic for both GM and players.

Really does look like a winner though upon reading through the players guide.

Cant wait to take out a PC's eye with a severe critical wound and have him roll misfortune dice for picking his nose!

Cool, I am looking forward to doing a play test of it all. :)

With a few of us having sets and with similar cards floating around a table we may need to consider some way of distinguishing one persons set from another. Maybe different protective sleeves or some mark of some kind. Just thoughts...
Salamandis
Groupie
Groupie

Postby shanehugh » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:54 am

Most of the cards players will need are your skills/talents so you can just bring them to a session as you would normally your character sheet.

If you have your own tokens ect. you are pretty well self sufficient and just bring it along and take it when you go.

There seems to be a bit of micro management with the system so it might be a trail and error job.

I will probably use binder sleeves to store the majority of the action/skill/talent cards. Also wounds, disease, corruption.
shanehugh
Legend
Legend

Postby Salamandis » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:56 am

shanehugh wrote:Most of the cards players will need are your skills/talents so you can just bring them to a session as you would normally your character sheet.

If you have your own tokens ect. you are pretty well self sufficient and just bring it along and take it when you go.

There seems to be a bit of micro management with the system so it might be a trail and error job.

I will probably use binder sleeves to store the majority of the action/skill/talent cards. Also wounds, disease, corruption.

Sounds fine then. Now I just need to track down some binder sleeves :)
Salamandis
Groupie
Groupie

Postby shanehugh » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:21 am

Sending off an order for Warhammer RPG again tomorrow night to Warstore.

James and Chris...1x Warhammer 3rd ed. Core Box each.

I will be grabbing the box as well plus the Creatures vault/guide and one of the campaign hardcovers.

Should provide everything needed to get under way then when time allows

Grabbing some Flames of War stuff too :D
shanehugh
Legend
Legend

Postby Salamandis » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:06 pm

shanehugh wrote:Sending off an order for Warhammer RPG again tomorrow night to Warstore.

James and Chris...1x Warhammer 3rd ed. Core Box each.

I will be grabbing the box as well plus the Creatures vault/guide and one of the campaign hardcovers.

Should provide everything needed to get under way then when time allows

Grabbing some Flames of War stuff too :D

Cool man, we missed each other for me to give you the cash on Saturday, what night is good for me to drop it over to you this week?
Salamandis
Groupie
Groupie

Postby shanehugh » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:39 pm

Hi James...sorry I didn't get to this sooner.

Just as easy if I let you know when it arrives and we can fix up payment then okay.

Wont get here for 10 days or so as the order was delayed a week basically
shanehugh
Legend
Legend

Postby shanehugh » Tue May 17, 2011 5:19 pm

shanehugh
Legend
Legend

Postby shanehugh » Wed May 18, 2011 10:34 am

Chris and James the core box sets have just arrived!
Let me know when you want to grab them.
shanehugh
Legend
Legend

Postby jthurston » Wed May 18, 2011 3:26 pm

yes dwarfs cool
jthurston
Good Bloke
Good Bloke

PreviousNext

Return to RPGs