Former RPer looking for a new seat.

Whether it's Dark Heresy, or Dungeons and Dragons, come here for all your RPG needs...

Former RPer looking for a new seat.

Postby TheCaptn » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:57 pm

Hello all! After googling around for a while this seemed like the best place to post:

I'm a former Rolemaster (and assorted tangents) player from my high school days, and after nearly 20 years I'd like to get into some RP gaming again.
I'm hoping to find a seat at a fairly regular (fortnightly or monthly) game, with either an in-progress or fresh campaign; although I'm not keen on too much rubber-banding. Any fantasy system is fine, but I expect that AD&D will be my best bet, and I don't mind the occasional side-trip into a sci-fi system; but until there's a Mass Effect pen & paper game I don't see myself getting really swept up in one.

I'm 34, male, a non-smoker and light drinker. I'd be coming from Mowbray with my own transport.

And I still have the following RP paraphernalia that I could bring along (some key books have gone walkabout in the last two decades apparently):
Character Law & Campaign Law (Sourcebook for Rolemaster 2nd Edition, ICE, 1990)
Arms Law & Claw Law (Rolemaster 2nd Ed, ICE, 1990)
Spell Law (Rolemaster 2nd Ed, ICE, 1990)
Rolemaster Character Records (Rolemaster 2nd Ed, ICE, 1990)
Rolemaster Companion II (Rolemaster 2nd Ed, ICE, 1987)
Rolemaster Companion III (Rolemaster 2nd Ed, ICE, 1988)
Vampire: The Masquerade (Sourcebook, White Wolf, 1992)
Clan Book: Toreador (For V:TM, White Wolf, 1994)
Caerns: Places of Power (For Werewolf: The Apocalypse, White Wolf, 1993)
Tribe Book: Get of Fenris (For W:TA, White Wolf, 1995)
4 x 12-Sided Dice
6 x 10-Sided Dice
4 x 8-Sided Dice
4 x 4-Sided Dice
Last edited by TheCaptn on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheCaptn

Re: Former RPer looking for a new seat.

Postby Tezza » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:06 pm

Hi and welcome,

The club meets every thursday and friday night at the Soldiers Memorial Hall in St Leonard's. You're best bet would be to come along and sound a few of us out, you should be able to find a few peeps interested in RPG's, myself included.

Cheers Terry
Carpet burn- is it worth it?
Tezza
Forum Champ.
Forum Champ.

Postby TheCaptn » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:23 pm

Couple of questions then:
1) Is it still running this thursday and friday (22nd and 23rd, so close to christmas)?
2) Is there an entry fee?
3) I'm not a wargamer at all. I like some boardgames, and I still have a crapload of Star Trek CCG cards that I can't bare to part with. I might also be interested in 28mm fantasy figures for my D&D characters once I can get a seat at a game... Given that, is there going to be much to interest me? Is there a best day of the two?
TheCaptn

Postby shanehugh » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:39 pm

Club is running over the Xmas break.

In past years there was a bit of downtime either side of Xmas/New Year due to hall availability and such...no constraints there now.

Thursday nights are historically the main club night with the greatest level of attendance and bets chance of catching up with some of the role-play crowd.

Introduce yourself to a few people and they should point you in the right direction.

Some GM's utilise miniatures whilst others go more abstract...personal taste really.

Both our Pathfinder & Dark Heresy group use them with a grid map.

Personally I feel they can detract from immersion at times but they are handy when there is alot happening in combat.
shanehugh
Legend
Legend

Postby TheCaptn » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:48 pm

Haha, unfortunately it's also family barbecue night tomorrow. I'll see what I can do, but it'll probably be friday or not at all for me this week.
TheCaptn

Return to RPGs