Eclipse Phase

Whether it's Dark Heresy, or Dungeons and Dragons, come here for all your RPG needs...

Re: Eclipse Phase

Postby shanehugh » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:30 am

Time to get this thing sorted and on track.

I have put together a broad overview of how this campaign will work...the overall objective, main adversaries ect.

I want to structure this so that even if only 3 group members can make a session it still can proceed so will be quite flexible with the scope of undertaking the group are tasked with.

We have 5 interested members at the moment.

It will still tie in and impact the main plot line but will enable a smaller group to achieve the set goals...if they are good enough :)

Onto character creation...

Some of us got together a month or two ago when a different GM was in the pipeline and rolled characters up...discard them :)

Well you might not have to discard them totally but there will be a theme for the group that I will detail a little into May and characters will need to fit the background selected.

Next Pathfinder session...I think we are moving it forward a week but will check on availability I suggest we get in and get character creation sorted.

I will post up all the background info on the Transcendence Denied (Obsidian Portal) website and detail the morph/class requirements.

Those without access I will send a PM to get you hooked up with the campaign website.

Any questions/concerns....PM or post here
shanehugh
Legend
Legend

Postby cyph » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:08 pm

Sounds good! Still keen on this, and not fussed about having to discard the character... Got a good idea of how character creation goes in the system now at least!

Will have to get a proper laptop I think though, the tablet PC doesn't have the grunt for the PDFs or the character spreadsheets!
cyph
Groupie
Groupie

Postby iron_father » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:39 pm

Good thing I never took my character past concept. :P

Still keen.
======================================
Behold! For I saw him rise out the x-trail!
And upon his face was the mighty beard of knowledge. And
from the boot and backseat of his car did he
produce the multitude of wargames crafted by the hand of
man. And lo his knowledge of all of them was mighty.

Excerpt from "King Of Nerds"
Found on a papyrus chocolate wrapper with the
Dead sea scrolls
iron_father
Forum Champ.
Forum Champ.

Postby Salamandis » Sat May 12, 2012 10:11 am

I am cool with that too man, I know a heap more than I started about character creation and all that so I am happy to go into it all with a set theme and framework.

Do we want to tee up a good time to sit down and work out the plan?

Cheers James
Salamandis
Groupie
Groupie

Postby shanehugh » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:19 am

Holy shit I put two hours into this over breakfast this morning and I'm not even halfway sorted creating this character!

I'm using the excel character spread sheet to aid me but there is just so, so much stuff to sort out...is that blood trickling out my nose and ears :shock:

I have changed my background slightly Heath...only marginal but fits better with the mission.

Basically a military background early years (mandatory national service taking on an intelligence role/paramedic) on Lunar before becoming infected with the Watts-Macleod strain of the Exsurgent Virus.
Witnessed some of what went down in New Mumbai before the exclusion zone was put into effect and the place was leveled.
Entered into the scientific arena in his early 20's and pioneered several breakthrough discoveries relating to TITAN nanotechnology.
Recent years (now in his early 40's) has seen an increased interest in Xeno Archeology/Technology and a burning desire to better understand his own affliction and async abilities.

So not much changed just not a journalist :)

Khalid Abd-al-Razi
Scientist/Async
Hacker
Paramedic
Basic Military Training (pistol)....or maybe two for when the need arises and negotiation fails :)
shanehugh
Legend
Legend

Postby shanehugh » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:42 am

Oh and good job Heath on a clever take on character creation...was well run and looking forward to the fun to come!

Really liked the option to egocast into another Morph and I will likely opt to slip into a Ghost Morph seeing the sensitive nature of what were heading into...that will probably be my field operative morph going forward and I will touch base with you regarding any extra gear.
Actually looking at how the system handles egocasting/resleeving ect. it adds a real element to the game as your not solely locked into one stereotypical class for an entire campaign.

Dead keen for this as the setting is just dripping with character.
shanehugh
Legend
Legend

Postby shanehugh » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:08 pm

Noticed that the Major Errata available in the Eclipse Phase downloads section has two pretty important mechanic changes.

Firstly Initiative...both how you derive the stat value and how the mechanic works has changed.
Basically your Initiative value is your Intuition + Reflex stats added together then divided by 5 (rounded up).
The Initiative Roll is now a D10 + Initiative value as opposed to the old D100 + Initiative value.
Seems they just streamlined the process a bit and those excel character sheets don't factor in the errata.

Secondly Margin of Success (MoS)...Looks like they totally reworked this as the old mechanic was cumbersome but Margin of Failure (MoF) is unchanged and is still the amount you roll over your target roll.
MoS is now simply the number you roll "successfully" under your target number.
So if with modifiers added you need a 60 to shoot some dude about to take you down and roll a 25 you then have a MoS of 25...simple really and scales well as you increase in skill.
What that means though is that skills you have that are low (your not very good at) makes it a lot less likely to get Excellent Successes (MoS 30+) and more risk of Severe Failures (MoF 30+}.

Critical successes/failures remain unchanged through all this and trigger on doubles as normal.
shanehugh
Legend
Legend

Postby shanehugh » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:14 am

When are we going to try to get an evening in on this one?
Any scope between Xmas and the New Year for everyone...maybe that weekend in between could work?
shanehugh
Legend
Legend

Postby cyph » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:05 pm

The weekend between Christmas and New Years works for me, as long as it's not saturday afternoon. Pesky work, and then picking parents up from the airport.
cyph
Groupie
Groupie

Previous

Return to RPGs