how players break your games....

Whether it's Dark Heresy, or Dungeons and Dragons, come here for all your RPG needs...

how players break your games....

Postby donkas » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:10 pm

just thought id start a thread on broken games and how players broke them.

last one i had i was asked by one of my groups to host a "My little pony, freindship is happyness" game.
sure i thought, easy enough, i did a bit of research, watched the cartoon, and I prepped for about 12 hours a sunshine and happyness, non combat, quest related cartooninsh adventurg full of nice things and fluffy clouds full of candy and happy senarios, just like My little Pony.

so the group got together, i explained the concept, and the home brew ruled for the characters, unicorns, peagusus, and earth ponys
and told them to get together choose their cutie marks , names spells characters and classes.

I uses 3.5, one of the main rules is that thre was no death in Equestria. only peace and harmony.

a hour later my players cme back, strait faced, and we started the game. i ean the game cartoon intro and outlined the nasty opbsicles they had to overcome with freindship and laughter. they DID ask for a my little pony game afterall.

then they revealed their characters
a red pony barbarian with a flaming mane, and a taste for flesh, and with a cutiemark resembling the symbol of KHORN
Khornelia Whoves

a green pasteel druid pony, with a wet yellow drippy mane with a cutiemark of three pustulent bubos in the shape of the mark of NURGLE
Veruka Rot

a vivid blue scorceror pony with a spiky mullticoloured mane and the symbol of Tzeenech as a cuite mank
Entropy Blues

and finally a hairlless pony assassin with every inch covered in tatoos except for the space on her flank that was bare in the shape of the mark of Sanesh
our final member Sexxy Trix

these four ponys waned to bring discord and balance to plesent wworld of equestriaby harnesing the element of chaos.

if it wasnt such a fun concept i would of wept,
donkas

Re: how players break your games....

Postby donkas » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:15 pm

onther one comes to mind, my party had to isolate and remove the threat of an unruly walled township that was threatining the soveninty of the local lord.
they failed at deplomacy, at intimidation and they failed the assassination of the bard/orator leader, who then decided to call for an armed upising against the local ruler and the mercinarys that thave threatened the township (the party)

next session the group got together and asked me what the was in the fields of the township, "Cows" i said not really putting that much thought into it. So the had a team pow wow. The wizads went off for a week to prepare whilst the rest of the party planned and got reagaents. When they met up again the wizards had two sacks worth of scrolls and the group spent the rest of the day rounding up 5000 head of cattle into one field, threatening or buying off local famers, killing some.

I had no idea where this was going.
then they then proceeded to cast "Gasseous form" and "gust of wind" on each cow and blow it over the township untill the sky was dark with clouds, also the druid was casting controll weather to keep the winds away so the mist like cows wouldent blow away.

the barb went up to the gate and demanded that the head of the bard be delivered to them or the town ship would be destroyed in a way that would echo throughout history.

i didt know what they were planning so the townspeople jeered thre poo and garbage at the barb whist the rebel bard leader sang and called for his people so stand firm behind the wallsand to prepare for war.

"so be it" the barb yelled back and signaled the two wizards on the hill who cast fly and zoomed up into the clouds

"last chance"

once again jeers and a few arrows

the barb shrugged and ran back to the hills, and signaled the casters in the clouds

each cast an enlarged metamagic greater dispell and raced around the storm clouds

the result wasa heavy storm of cow rain

5000 1000lb cows, falling 1000ft at 11ms ps
there were no survivors

the result was a towns worth of loot and xp for a days worth of casting and a bag loag of scrolls and a single player changed from cg to cn.
donkas

Postby donkas » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:04 pm

screenshot
donkas

Postby donkas » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:29 pm

what the hell happened to my fatal/aristocrats story i posted?
donkas

Postby shanehugh » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:46 pm

Not sure as I didn't see nor read the particular piece you are referring to.

Was it posted up this morning or some other day?
shanehugh
Legend
Legend

Postby ClockworkLemon » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:41 pm

donkas wrote:what the hell happened to my fatal/aristocrats story i posted?

I have no idea. It appears to have disappeared into the ether. It's not been removed by any of the moderators, as there's nothing in the logs indicating that.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin
ClockworkLemon
Legend
Legend

Postby ClockworkLemon » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:42 pm

Just in case you're wondering, the "Aristocrats" post has found a new home in the sealed section, as it was inappropriate for the public area.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin
ClockworkLemon
Legend
Legend

Return to RPGs