Pathfinder or Eclipse Phase...you decide!

Whether it's Dark Heresy, or Dungeons and Dragons, come here for all your RPG needs...

Pathfinder or Eclipse Phase...you decide!

Postby shanehugh » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:22 pm

Given I'm on a GM break for the next few months...(and missing it already!)...I'm working through our options for a campaign in the new year and given that December is usually out its only 5 sessions away!

A couple of options standout at the moment and I would like some feedback about what you would like to tackle.

First option that springs to mind is The Slumbering Tsar campaign by Greg Vaughan...an 8 year labour of love from the best fantasy adventure writer in the business.

This review gives a great insight into whats in store and is very much in keeping with my views of the saga http://www.enworld.org/forum/en-world-o ... -saga.html ....it simply oozes character (you guys got a little taste with the Benderkaupf Brothers!)

Its a beast of a thing and damned tough on players...I have read the first 6 chapters!

It's fully Pathfinder System compatible and would require characters to start off around level 6-7 and takes them through to 20+.

Second option is Eclipse Phase and a break from Fantasy for a while which will be 100% homebrew campaign with a mix of themes rolled into one juicy, unpalatable morsel :twisted:

My preference probably leans a little towards Tsar simply because after reading over half the campaign its just a fantastic piece of work and specifically geared towards older veteran gamers.

Not overly fussed though but I want to get a lot of the behind the scenes work underway well before the campaign launches so let me know your thoughts so I can gauge where to start.

Not just limited to our current player base either so if anyone wants a crack at it give me a PM and I will see what I can do.
shanehugh
Legend
Legend

Re: Pathfinder or Eclipse Phase...you decide!

Postby ClockworkLemon » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:05 pm

I'm easy either way, but I know Tanya is keen to get back into pathfinder, so that's two votes for Slumbering Tsar from us...
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin
ClockworkLemon
Legend
Legend

Postby shanehugh » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:58 pm

To be honest that's what I would really love to GM as its just so chock full of awesome encounters tied together with a great storyline.

I can guarantee that the authors creativity is damn well fantastic!

Starting out at level 7 should give the group a chance at some higher level play as well which will be interesting.
shanehugh
Legend
Legend

Postby cyph » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:27 pm

I'd be keen on Eclipse Phase, but that said I've been keen for Eclipse Phase for a while now :D

However, quite enjoying our Pathfinder campaign we're playing at moment :)
cyph
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Cailus » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:18 pm

I'd be interested in Eclipse Phase as it sounds new, exciting and character driven (I'm already in a 3 year old D&D campaign).

Understand the Pathfinder lure though.
+Rogue Trader Campaign Updates+
Cailus
Forum Champ.
Forum Champ.

Postby Salamandis » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:38 pm

I am cool for either though I will admit that the idea of having a character rich mid level Pathfinder game so that would be my choice :-)
Salamandis
Groupie
Groupie

Postby iron_father » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:13 pm

Won't be either for me. Sorry chaps I'm out.
======================================
Behold! For I saw him rise out the x-trail!
And upon his face was the mighty beard of knowledge. And
from the boot and backseat of his car did he
produce the multitude of wargames crafted by the hand of
man. And lo his knowledge of all of them was mighty.

Excerpt from "King Of Nerds"
Found on a papyrus chocolate wrapper with the
Dead sea scrolls
iron_father
Forum Champ.
Forum Champ.

Postby Mitch » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:22 pm

If numbers dwindle id be happy to join i haven't rp'd for a while and well they say your first time scars you and well i want to replace that with the wonderful bunch that you guys are:p

Mitch.
Mitch

Return to RPGs