Raiders of the Lost Temple of the Crystal Skull

Whether it's Dark Heresy, or Dungeons and Dragons, come here for all your RPG needs...

Raiders of the Lost Temple of the Crystal Skull

Postby ClockworkLemon » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:57 pm

Just a heads up for anyone who is interested, I'll be running a monthly Dungeon World campaign on the last Friday of each month, starting from this week. As you can probably tell from the title, this will be rather light hearted, and fairly casual. I can accommodate up to 6 people in the game, and it won't be necessary for everyone to be there each month. I've got a couple of people interested already, who else is keen?
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin
ClockworkLemon
Legend
Legend

Re: Raiders of the Lost Temple of the Crystal Skull

Postby Cailus » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:07 pm

I will be there as noted previously!
+Rogue Trader Campaign Updates+
Cailus
Forum Champ.
Forum Champ.

Postby Cailus » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:31 pm

I am thinking of going as a Druid Grandma... "Old Babba Yaga".
She's gotten sick of her reoccurring warts and has jojned the brazen group of adventurers to find a permanent cure.

She also has a penchant for young men... bwahahahahaha!
Cailus
Forum Champ.
Forum Champ.

Postby Dead1 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:53 pm

You and your floozies.
"It will be so loud that if we move in next door to you, your lawn will die".
Lemmy on Motorhead
Dead1
Legend
Legend

Postby Cailus » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:57 pm

No, no no.... not a floozie, a warty, lonely cougar spinster!
Cailus
Forum Champ.
Forum Champ.

Postby ClockworkLemon » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:16 pm

Well, the first session of Dungeon World went much as I expected it to, lots of wanton violence, windows broken, chairs smashed over heads, so a typical night at the pub for an LGC RPG. After the local guards attempted to apprehend the adventurers for the heinous crime of "having fun", a full on brawl broke out. The guards soon lost the will to fight after seeing a warty female elf burst into flames and then change into a bear. The survivors were interrogated, and found that the guard had been sent by command of the local monarch, Lorenzo the Mad (or as he prefers to be known, Lorenzo the I Just Get These Headaches...).

Such locals as were in the bar told stories of Lorenzo's alleged shenanigans, which involved nailing people's ears to their knees, inserting various object into various bodily orifices, and strangely, something about a perverse attraction to livestock. The bartender also mentioned that the local village of Langwald was having awful trouble with bandits, who would raid the village by night and make off with anything not nailed down, up to and including the women. After being offered lodgings in the pub's stable, the adventurers decided to track down the bandits and give them a jolly good talking to, or something like that...

Next session will be on the 30th of August.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin
ClockworkLemon
Legend
Legend

Postby Cailus » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:23 pm

Was good fun and the system is easy to pick up and play.

Minor correction but my hag is only human!
As I will be away for the next session, I guess Baba Yaga will be busy talking to the domestic animals in the area and find out more about these accusations of them being assaulted by the Mad King.
Cailus
Forum Champ.
Forum Champ.

Postby ClockworkLemon » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:21 pm

Just a reminder to everyone, our next session will be this coming Friday In two weeks time. Given that Baba Yaga will be missing, there will be a couple of spots free for anyone who feels like joining in on a whim.
Last edited by ClockworkLemon on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Helps if you get the right date...
- Benjamin Franklin
ClockworkLemon
Legend
Legend

Postby thunderking » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:51 am

Still on for tonight?
thunderking
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ClockworkLemon » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:51 pm

My apologies for the no-show last week, but I had something of a crisis at home. Rather than try to fit in last week's session this week, I think it would be better to just wait until the next scheduled session on the 27th of September.
- Benjamin Franklin
ClockworkLemon
Legend
Legend

Postby Cailus » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:35 am

This happening this Friday?
Cailus
Forum Champ.
Forum Champ.

Postby ClockworkLemon » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:00 pm

Cailus wrote:This happening this Friday?

:oops: Um, yeah, I should be right to run the next session, assuming that I can find where all the stuff got put during the big spring clean we did this week. I know I had everything a couple of days ago... :oops:
- Benjamin Franklin
ClockworkLemon
Legend
Legend

Postby ClockworkLemon » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:08 pm

Hooray, my RPG stuff hasn't been buried in the Lost Pits of Forgotten-Stuff-That-Was-Put-There-Because-It'll-Be-Easy-To-Find™. Anyone who's keen for a bit of a fun hack and slash tomorrow night is welcome to join in.
- Benjamin Franklin
ClockworkLemon
Legend
Legend

Postby ClockworkLemon » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:04 pm

I feel fairly confident in saying that we can probably put this campaign to bed for the time being. While Dungeon World looks like a fantastic system, I'm finding that I don't really have the time to devote to even the small amount of preparation that it takes to run the campaign. Having said that, I would still like to run some RPG sessions, but with a system that will allow me to play as a PC, rather than GM. More on that shortly...
- Benjamin Franklin
ClockworkLemon
Legend
Legend

Return to RPGs