Looking for RPG groups

Whether it's Dark Heresy, or Dungeons and Dragons, come here for all your RPG needs...

Looking for RPG groups

Postby Walkmana » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:01 pm

Hey all walker here have not posted for ages used to be a big warhammer fantasy, 40k gamer, but getting back into the gaming scene. I am looking for a good RPG group to join, I don't really care what game I and keen to try new things out, I have played dnd 3.5, 5ed and black cruasde so if anyone has free spots I would love to hear from you cheers.

Luke walker
Walkmana

Re: Looking for RPG groups

Postby Dead1 » Fri May 01, 2015 12:19 pm

Hi,

There used to be an RPG club but dunno if it's still active.

There's a regular WH40K Rogue Trader RPG campaign AT lgc on last Friday every month. Cailus is the GM so he's probably the best person to contact.

Bare in mind it's a different RPG campaign to many - very narrative and character driven and not so combat driven (sometimes there's no combat for several sessions and we do stuff like murder mysteries, trade negotiations, intrigue and indulge in crap loads of infighting between each other). The humour is also not for the faint hearted! Lots of fun though.

Here's the ongoing write up.

http://lgc.bringthatstuffon.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3442
"It will be so loud that if we move in next door to you, your lawn will die".
Lemmy on Motorhead
Dead1
Legend
Legend

Postby ClockworkLemon » Fri May 01, 2015 5:16 pm

Hi there. Up until my son was born I was running a regular Dark Heresy campaign. I haven't run anything for a couple of years, but would be keen to run something if there were enough people interested. My preferred games would either be Dark Heresy, Pathfinder (essentially an improved version of DnD 3.5), or one of several horror RPGs I've found recently.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin
ClockworkLemon
Legend
Legend

Postby Walkmana » Mon May 04, 2015 1:26 pm

Hey Dead1, it looks interesting, i will have to contact calius about it,

Well clockworklemon i am always keen to try new games so if you do decided to see DM a game again then i would be keen to join in
My GF may also be interested depending on the type of game system
Walkmana

Postby ClockworkLemon » Tue May 05, 2015 2:36 pm

Walkmana wrote:Well clockworklemon i am always keen to try new games so if you do decided to see DM a game again then i would be keen to join in
My GF may also be interested depending on the type of game system

Depending on interest, I'd be keen to run a monthly game at the club, either on a Friday night that same time as the Rogue Trader game if there were no conflicts, or on a Thursday night otherwise. Having thought about it for a bit, I'd rather not try to GM a game system I've never played before, so I'll most likely pick either Pathfinder or Dark Heresy. What sort of game type would your GF prefer?
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin
ClockworkLemon
Legend
Legend

Postby Walkmana » Tue May 05, 2015 4:55 pm

Well i talked to the GF and she is keen to try any game system, though i think i could convince her to play a Sister of Battle :)
Walkmana

Postby Walkmana » Tue May 05, 2015 4:57 pm

pathfinder would also work as she has had experience plying D&D
Walkmana

Return to RPGs