Bush Wars - system queries.

Historical war games, from ancient times through to modern day. Special focus on World War II battles with Flames of War

Bush Wars - system queries.

Postby weemadando » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:42 pm

I'm looking at getting some 15mm Bush Wars stuff, as that era, and series of conflicts always intrigued me.

Force on Force has a Bush Wars book - but the core book is all but impossible to find. Peter Pig offers AK47 Republic, which also includes some random faction generation rules which seems interesting.

I know some folks have experience with Force on Force, but has anyone tried AK47 Republic? Does someone have a copy of the rules I could peruse one night?

Thanks in advance.
weemadando

Re: Bush Wars - system queries.

Postby weemadando » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:21 pm

Managed to find a copy of the core rules at Joe Dodgy. Now to see what can get here quicker than - Book Depository for the Bush Wars book, or core rulesrules from Australia?

I jnowknow which one I'll bet on.
weemadando

Postby Dead1 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:49 pm

Not tried AK47 Republic, but more than happy to provide any insights into Force On Force or even organise a demo game!

Force on Force is a great system and really captures the whole vibe of small scale infantry combat complete with fog of war.
"It will be so loud that if we move in next door to you, your lawn will die".
Lemmy on Motorhead
Dead1
Legend
Legend

Postby NickB » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:00 pm

I have a bunch of stuff for Force on Force in 15mm, so would love to give you a game some time.

I will need some planning, but I have US, afghans, and somali's, just missing a lot of terrain.

The Somalis could easily be an 'African militia' for bush wars.
NickB
Good Bloke
Good Bloke

Postby weemadando » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:11 pm

Sounds good. Once books arrive, I'll start looking more seriously at minis. 20mm seems far more prevalent for the setting than 15mm, but we'll see.

I should be in on Thursday, and hopefully might have received at least one shipment of books by then.
weemadando

Postby Dead1 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:23 pm

weemadando wrote:Sounds good. Once books arrive, I'll start looking more seriously at minis. 20mm seems far more prevalent for the setting than 15mm, but we'll see.

I should be in on Thursday, and hopefully might have received at least one shipment of books by then.

Hi,

I'll be in on Thursday but probably a bit later (c. 9 pm).
"It will be so loud that if we move in next door to you, your lawn will die".
Lemmy on Motorhead
Dead1
Legend
Legend

Return to Historical War Games