Warmahordes Map based Camapign

Warcasters and Warjacks duking it out on the battlefield

Moderators: thunderking, kobrin

Warmahordes Map based Camapign

Postby ImperialGriffin » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:32 pm

As the title says I will be running a map based Campaign for warmahordes for the next 2 weeks the a 4 week break as ill be heading to work. Rules to follow soon suffice to say 35 points working up to about 50 points with new skills for units or casters or even Jacks or Beasts.

let me know your faction and name if your interested.

cheers Ian
ImperialGriffin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Warmahordes Map based Camapign

Postby JazzMan » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:15 am

I'm in with Cygnar
JazzMan
Forum Champ.
Forum Champ.

Postby thunderking » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:59 am

Gonna have to bow out, I remembered after I've committed to a game for next week already.
thunderking
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ImperialGriffin » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:28 pm

Were still on for tomorrow night just finalizing the rules now, so bring 35 points and a few extra points if people want to play a second game.
ImperialGriffin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ImperialGriffin » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:38 pm

Warmahordes campaign 2015

Choose your Faction, 35 points, once you choose you choose your warcaster,that is the one for the campaign can, not be changes,everyhting else in your list can change every week but you dont know who you will be fighting. may inculde Mercenaries, in your forces.

Battles will be fought over a map with a even balance of landmarks and cities town fortress and villages. warcasters will gain experience such as a command skill or stat increase randomly determined at the end of each battle.
Cities worth 3 points to victors side
Fortress worth 2 points to victors side
Village 1 point per victors side.

your list will never go below 35 points, but as your side wins cities, fortress and villages, your points will go up. so say 4 battle were fought over 1 city 2 fortresses and a village. each side will have 2 attacks each and have to defend twice, the winner caputures both fortresses, where the city and village were succesfully defended. there fore next battle the side that caputred the fortress will have 4 points to evenly distrubute between the winning players 1 point each, that way the point gap will not be huge, along with the points will go some skill rolls or stat in crease for Man/unit/beast of the match.

Turn Sequence
1.movement
During the movement phase the teams take turns to choose which territories they will invade alternating until the allotted number of battles is chosen. The team with the least territories gets to choose which tile to invade first. Attacking various territories may give the defending player different advantages this should be remembered when selecting your battles. After the battlefields are selected players will decide in their teams who will defend and attack each location in secret, and also in the event of uneven opponents who will team up to face the opponents. If both teams agree the matchups may be changed to allow different players to play each other.
2.battle noraml caster kill battle will be played. (scenarios if seems appicable)
3.End phase calcuate points distrubute amongst players evenly ready for next battle, do injury rolls and Stat increases.
Injury Rolls
D66
11-16 dead
21- Brain Injury -1 foucus
22- broken leg - 1 SPD
23- Bad back - 1 Def
24 - chest wound -1 Arm
25 - Arm injury - 1 Mat
26 - Loses a eye -1 Rat
31 - Serious wound - 1 STR
32- Crushed confidence - 1 CMD
33 loses his imunity if has any otherwise no effect
34 loses any Command ability they have
35 loses any special action they might have
36 Horrible scars now causes terror
41-56 full recovery
61- loses one of his weapons replace it with a mundae weapon of same style
62- Crippled Arm. The character loses the function of one arm and may not gain the benefit of multiple weapons in close combat.
63- Dodgy knees. A hideous leg injury destroys the characters ability to run.
64- Resilient old fool. This warrior can sustain more injuries than his equals. The character gains +1 wound
65- gains imunity to attack/faction that killed him (corrosion, ice, electricity etc.)
66-gains a warjack point or arbeast point
Skill advancements
D3
1 Skill
2- Tough
3- Quick work
4- cammo
5- Parry
6- Stealth, pathfinder D6 roll
7- Knock down
8 - Beat back
9- Swift Hunter
10-t rue sight ignore cloud effects and concealment
11- gun fighter
12- 2 rolls ( if you get this a second time re roll the result)

2 weapon increase (randomly roll to see what what weapon gets affected) 1- reach, 2- dispel, 3- magical,4- weapon master, 5-critical hit(faction applicabel i.e freeze, electro leap etc.) 6-energy sphion
3 Stat increase
1 +1 focus increase
2 +1 Def
3 weapon increase (mat or Rat D6 1-3 mat, 4-6 Rat)
4 +1Arm
5 +1 Str
6 +1 Spd
ImperialGriffin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ImperialGriffin » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:26 pm

Well the first round kicked off tonight with 2 games played. the forces consisted of Myself (menoth) and Ryan (Cryx) vs Jarreds Cygnar and Lukes Khador.

we first rolled for initiative giving us the first choice off attack so we assaulted on of their fringe settlements a little village hoping to make headway into their territory, whilst luke and Jarred decided to attack one of our fortress. with the battles decided it was then for each side to choose who would attack and who would defend. with the more valuable fortress been attacked it was up to Menoth to hold the line whilst the attack was up to Cryx. with our sides chosen in secret luke and Jarred would decide who went where also as it turned out it would be Cygnar assaulting the fortress and Khador defending the village.

For the first game, we just went for a caster kill. to see how the campaign rules would play out. Both game were down to the wire with the winning side on both been the forces been the defenders so Lukes Khador held out against cryx and my Menoth held out against a very determined eStryker, myself and luke were down to our last couple of models doing the chase around from casters trying to run away and snatch a victory. with those results no terrritory was lost or gained. how ever some experience was gained and some injuries taken, Stryker escaped injuy, how ever denegra suffered a back injury resulting in -1 DEF. to the winners eSevirius gained knockdown with his melee weapon not a great skill to have. but Vlad managed to roll up stealth for himself, which will be very handy.

so with no territories gained or lost same points for next week, but we will bring in scenarios, and kill box to force the games to be quicker. and there is always room for more people if they want to play.
ImperialGriffin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby JazzMan » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:34 am

If i hadnt wasted all those missed attacks on that stupid errant and focussed on the Jack from the outset with Styker I could have maybe broke free. That said I was suprised I killed as much as I did, the black 13th and strykers guriella warfare tactics took there toll. I feel much more sure of how I would play me list in future to make it function better now.
JazzMan
Forum Champ.
Forum Champ.

Return to Warmachine & Hordes